MANUFACTURING AND CONSULTANCY
Operating globally, we utilise vast experience in leading blue chip manufacturing companies through change and improvement to drive improvements into FMCG manufacturing organisations. Combining consultancy and training/development, we can provide an integrated package to enable the improvements to become permanent and widespread through a company. This is achieved through working with, developing the skills of, and implementing change through people.
Services to FMCG manufacturers include
- Consultancy – helping identify gaps, opportunities and efficiencies to ultimately deliver more profit to our client basis.
- Project Management – based on our rich experience in starting up factories, relocating client operations and leading change in global blue chip organisations, we can help plan and manage your change programs – from strategically looking at assets to rationalisation planning or finding and moving operations to new premises, we can work with your team every step of the way.
- Change Management – along with death and taxes, one of the permanent fixtures in today’s environment is change. Developing ownership, accountability and performance in organisations is paramount to being effective and efficient. Supporting this change with leadership, communication and knowledge development is imperative to making change stick.
- Cost reduction – using our global networks, we can source alternative suppliers to reduce your direct costs and indirect costs – a direct impact on the bottom line. Our continuous improvement programs, built around lean and kaizen, also impact on costs.
- Training and Development – a range of programs are offered and can be tailored to your needs – from our intensive Operations Management programs, through to shorter toolbox training, such as lean, 5S, problem solving, FMEA, Root Cause Analysis and many more.
When it comes to continuous improvement, we are the first to say there is no “one size fits all” product out there to train your teams in, and make a difference. Our approach is based on understanding your needs, and then designing programs that suit your organisation in terms of culture and capability. These can include a range of tools, techniques and programs as shown in the diagram below.
The important thing to consider is the combination of educating and involving people, and also using the right tools and approaches at the appropriate time. Why consider 6 sigma or other processes when the foundations are not in place? The journey of continuous improvement can only be built on solid foundations. Our services attend to all of the required aspects:
PEOPLE – building involvement and morale through creating small working teams to identify and undertake improvements.
FOUNDATION LEVEL – starting with some fundamental CI approaches, such as 5S, standard operations, visual management and MUDA (eliminating waste) or 7 wastes.
FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS – Process Mapping and value stream mapping, root cause analysis, FMEA (for potential problem analysis), problem solving and decision making, lean thinking and implementation, 6 sigma, Kanban, Kaizen, process flow planning, OEE and efficiency improvement, KPI’s and performance accountability.
To start your journey to manufacturing excellence, book a confidential review with our lead manufacturing consultants.
Supply Chain Solutions
Using our international networks, we are positioned to provide a local to global supply chain solution, encompassing a range of potential services and delivering cost and efficiency benefits to clients.
- UK based contract manufacturing – identifying potential partners and conducting due diligence, particularly food and drink, but also broader FMCG manufacture.
- Overseas sourcing and supply – using our contacts overseas to source components, materials or services, we can explore the potential benefits and requirements that are suited to your organisation.
- UK procurement – using widespread UK contacts, we can identify and line up more agile or cost effective suppliers for customers, and are happy to get involved in negotiations of prices and terms.
- Cost reduction – through driving up performance (efficiency), reducing waste, improving processes and better procurement. If you’re looking to cut the cost of manufacture, then why not see if we can help.
Enquire now to streamline your supply chain.
We’ve invested in building these networks so that you don’t have to – let us put the world at your fingertips. Get in touch to see how we can help.